2010 Canadian Wetland Adventure Camp
This is not your typical summer camp!
- Are you a Canadian resident 14 to 17 years old?
- Are you into the outdoors, conservation, wetlands, wildlife, science and the environment?
- Do you want to get away for a week this summer for an exciting outdoor adventure?
- If you said YES to the above, then this is your chance!
The top 10 winners will be chosen for a weeklong outdoor adventure camp of a lifetime.
- It’s about wetlands, waterfowl and the outdoors.
- It’s about getting involved in conservation actions to help the environment.
- It’s about skills, technology and hands-on learning from experts.
- It’s EXTREME, but it’s all about teamwork and helping others succeed!
Camp fee is just $500 to cover all your food, lodging, programs and expenses, but ALL 10 winners receive free airfare or transportation to join us from anywhere in Canada!
A full scholarship is available to ONE British Columbia resident thanks to a grant from the B.C. Waterfowl Society.
First — Enter online. www.ducks.ca
- Tell us who you are and where you come from in Canada.
- Give us a reference -- a teacher, coach, employer or other adult unrelated to you, who can vouch for what a great person you are!
Next — Tell us why you’re passionate about wetlands, waterfowl and the environment.
- We want to know what you’ve already done for the environment and about your experiences in the great outdoors -- so briefly fill us in.
- But tell us what your interests and future plans are too!
- Let us know where you’re headed. Are you planning to go on to learn more about the environment…and maybe one day even a career in conservation, science or environmental studies?
How it Works:
- Apply online. The application deadline for the 2011 camp is June 15, 2011!
- The camp runs between August 6-12, 2011.
- Camp base is the world-famous Oak Hammock Marsh Conservation Centre near Winnipeg, Man.
- Field trips may also take you to Delta Marsh, Netley Marsh and other exciting places around Manitoba.
- If chosen, your cost to attend is just $500 to cover your food, lodging, programs and expenses for the week. Airfare and transportation while in Manitoba is free.